The 2015 conference agenda is coming together….please stay tuned!
If you have a session, speaker or hands-on class idea to share at the 2015 Cascadia Grains Conference please contact us and we will consider the proposal. Thank you!
ROUGH OUTLINE 2015 AGENDA
8:00-9:00 am - Registration + Morning Refreshments + Resource Fair
8:40-8:55 am - Welcome Address
9:00-11:40am – Morning Sessions (concurring tracks of workshops, panels and hands-on cooking/baking classes)
11:45-1:25 pm – Lunch + Desserts + Resource Fair
1:30-5:45pm – Afternoon Sessions (concurring tracks of workshops, panels and hands-on cooking/baking classes)
5:45-6:00 pm – Closing session
6:00-8pm – Dinner + Resource Fair + Best of the Cascades Tasting Tour (featuring select craft beers and spirits from the Pacific Northwest)
SAMPLE TOPICS FOR 2015 CONFERENCE
- Increasing the regional production of small grains
- Grain varieties and malting: developing Cascadia beers
- Linking the grain producer to the market
- Milling: how to & answering market demand
- Marketing, branding and designing regional food/ag businesses
- grains and animal feed
- Malt: answering Cascadia’s demand
- Specialty grains in the Pacific Northwest: amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa & spelt
- Gluten-free market & grains
- Equipment for growing and processing small grains
- Hands-on Baking and cooking classes using Cascadia-grown grains
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs who contact Rose Burke or call (360) 379-5610 202.