Members of the Steering Committee and Planning Team voluntarily advise Washington State University (WSU) educators and researchers in the planning of the Cascadia Grains Conference to bring a timely, real-world perspective to the program.
- Dr. Laura Lewis, Chair, Cascadia Grains Conference; County Director & Community and Economic Development Faculty, Washington State University Extension.
- Nicole Witham, Extension Coordinator, Farm & Food Systems Team, Washington State University
- Lane Selman, Department of Horticulture, Culinary Breeding Network, Oregon State University
- Aba Kiser, Project Coordinator, Cascadia Grains Conference, Washington State University Extension.
- Ann Cook, Communications, City of Tumwater
- Celia Nightengale, Director, Center for Business and Innovation
- David Bauermeister, Executive Director, Northwest Agriculture Business Center
- George DePasquale, Co-founder/Owner and Head Baker, Essential Baking Company.
- James Henderson, Hummingbird Wholesale
- Jeff Bowe, Olympia Lacey Tumwater Visitor and Convention Bureau
- Jeremy Bunch, Shepherd’s Grain
- John Doan, Assistant City Manager, City of Tumwater
- Mai Nguyen, CA Grain Campaign
- Mel Darbyshire, Grand Central Baking
- Noel Rubadue, Dean, South Puget Sound Community College
- Phoebe Plank, Community Grains Conference
- Rose Burke, Cascadia Grains Conference Coordinator Alumnus
- Sara Nelson & Matt Lincecum, Founders/Owners, Fremont Brewing Company.
- Brigid Meints, Graduate Research Assistant, WSU Mount Vernon Research Center
- Brook Brouwer, Director, WSU San Juan County
- Girish Ganjyal, Assistant Professor and Extension Food Processing Specialist, WSU Food Science
- Justin O’Dea, Regional Agricultural Specialist, WSU Clark County Extension
- Dr. Kevin Murphy, Assistant Professor of Barley and Alternative Crop Breeding, Washington State University.
- Laura Helgerson, Faculty Research Assistant, OSU Crop and Soil Science
- Scott Fisk, Barley Breeding Faculty Research Assistant, Oregon State University.
- Stephen Bramwell, Director, WSU Thurston County
- Steve Lyon, Senior Scientific Assistant, Bread Lab